Centacare’s Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program is perfect for people aged between 15 and 64 looking to prepare for work, training or further education. We can help with learning to use a computer, reading, writing, spelling, maths or provide help to learn English.
The SEE program also provides practical support including learning to use digital technology such as an iPad or mobile phone, obtain a Learners’ Driving Permit, fill in forms, prepare job applications and much more.
Participants can start straight away and work at their own level and pace. There are no start or finish dates. Training is flexible with part-time, (10-19 hours per week) and full time, (20-25 hours per week) options.
Getting a qualification
All students have the opportunity to work towards various levels of the Certificate in General Education for Adults, (CGEA), including:
- 22234VIC: Course in Initial Education for Adults
- 22235VIC: Certificate I in General Education for Adults (Introductory)
- 22236VIC: Certificate I in General Education for Adults
- 22237VIC: Certificate II in General Education for Adults (Year 10 adult equivalent)
- 22238VIC: Certificate III in General Education for Adults.
These Certificates are recognised nationally and can assist with going on to further education or training.
Where and when
These courses are available from six training sites including West Perth, Cannington, Gosnells, Midland, Mirrabooka and Joondalup.
Best of all . . . it’s FREE!
These programs are free to eligible job seekers because they are funded by the Department of Education and Training.