Alternative Education Teachers (Contract and Relief positions)
Website Centacare Employment and Training
Transforming lives through Education, Training and Employment
Are you looking for a rewarding teaching position where you can transform the lives of young people?
At Centacare, we believe that education and training can help to break the cycle of adversity and create opportunities for a brighter future. We are a not-for-profit organisation with a vision “to transform lives through education, training and employment”.
For over 45 years, we have been providing individualised, quality education and training programs that change people’s lives. We recognise that this is made possible by our passionate and dedicated staff, which is why we work hard to provide a positive and collaborative culture.
About the Program
The Alternative Education Program (AEP) is open to young people in the school year 10, 11 and 12 age group who are disengaged from school and critically at educational risk. This program aims to re-engage young people to develop their literacy, numeracy, life and employability skills.
The CEGA is the curriculum supporting the AEP. Incorporated in this, the program will support and assist students to complete documents such as a portfolio, transition plans, a resume and/or an individual pathway plan. Emphasis is also placed upon, life-skill electives, such as Keys4Life, First Aid and White Card to prepare them for transitioning into training, further education and/or employment.
About the Opportunity
Centacare Employment and Training is currently seeking:
- Contract and Relief teachers to join our AEPs in Mirrabooka, Armadale and Fremantle.
The roles require teachers who are passionate and
- have commitment to and high aspirations for their students’ learning
- have a range of skills, strategies, methods and approaches to meet the needs of the individual students, including students who may be beginning/ developing readers and writers
- can be innovative in teaching methods and delivery
- have the capacity to engender mutual respect and caring
- can promote social and emotional well-being and foster self-confidence
- can engage with other agencies and local industry
Essential Selection Criteria
- Experience in working with youth at educational risk;
- Teaching Degree with experience in teaching literacy and numeracy;
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116);
- Experience in teaching/knowledge of the Certificate in General Education for adults (CGEA);
- A current First Aid Certificate;
- A WA Driver’s License;
- A current National Police Clearance;
- A Working with Children Check;
- Evidence of Full Covid-19 Vaccination Dose 1 & 2 and Booster.
- Completion of Keys 4 Life course
We know our staff underpin our success in all that we aim to achieve, which is why we offer so many great benefits to our staff, including:
- Fixed-term contracts;
- Competitive remuneration;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Professional Development
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic and friendly team and also to help have a positive impact on the lives of others.
What to do next?
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you. Please apply in writing with a resume along with a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, we thank you in advance for your interest and for taking the time to apply for this position.
Centacare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages cultural diversity, gender equality and non-discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
You can also find us on social media: