SEE Program Assessor
Website Centacare Employment and Training
Transform lives through education, training and employment
Skills for Education and Employment Program
Life at Centacare Employment and Training
When you join Centacare, you become part of a team who are determined to support disadvantaged people in our community and ensure they have the means to thrive.
Centacare Employment and Training is currently seeking passionate and enthusiastic casual Assessors in our SEE Program in our centres located in West Perth, Gosnells, Cannington, Armadale and Fremantle.
The successful applicants will assess language, literacy and numeracy skills and make decisions on levels attained, while also remaining mindful of the needs and interests of each client.
At Centacare we believe that education and training can help to break the cycle of adversity and create opportunities for a brighter future. We are a not-for-profit organisation with a vision “to transform lives through education, training and employment”. We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you are skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Centacare.
- Understanding of the ACSF reporting
- Review all 11 ACSF indicators within a one-hour meeting
- Write up full assessments against the ACSF in accordance with the Department of Education and Training requirements which include a tight timeline (5 days, preferably same day)
- Show compassion, respect and discretion in relation to the clients
- Administration – writing up detailed reports on clients
- Ensure practices and processes adhere to Standards for RTOs
- Respond to changes as directed by SEE coordinator
- Respond to SEE coordinator work requests if client is a no-show
- Experience in teaching adult Literacy and/or adult ESL
- Knowledge of ACSF
- A teaching qualification and/or post graduate teaching specialist qualification
- Completion of either of the following assessing units: TAESS00001, TAESS00011, or TAESS0019.
- A National Police Clearance
- Working with Children Check
- Knowledge of Certificates in General Education for Adults CGEA
- Cert IV Training and Assessing (TAE 40110, including TAELLN411 and TAEASS502) or TAE 40116
- Knowledge of Certificates in EAL Frameworks
- Knowledge of Standards for RTOs (2015)
- Knowledge of the SEE Program
- Not-for-profit salary packaging (if eligible, increasing your take home pay);
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Free external, confidential counselling: and
- Discounts and benefits at many retail outlets, department stores, attractions, travel, cinemas and restaurants through our salary packaging provider.
How to apply
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please apply below with a resume along with a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria. If you require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, we thank you in advance for your interest and for taking the time to apply for this position.
Centacare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages cultural diversity, gender equality and non-discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.