New Home and Community course coming soon
Centacare is excited to announce that we are introducing a new specialisation to our CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support: Home and Community.
Centacare already offers both Ageing and Disability specialisations in the Cert III in Individual Support, both of which have been very popular qualifications and have provided good employment outcomes for our students.
The new specialisation differs to Ageing and Disability in that it teaches students how to provide effective support to people within a home or community environment.
The Home and Community specialisation is perfect for students who want to find entry-level jobs in the fast-growing health sector.
During the course, students can learn:
- How to support independence and wellbeing
- Falls prevention strategies and how to implement them
- Manual handling skills and safe work practices
- How to support people according to their care plan needs
- Activities and skills to support daily living needs
- Basic medical and industry terminology
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- How to effectively support clients, carers and families
The first Home and Community course begins 9th April 2018.
For full details or to register your interest for this course, please click here.