Adult Literacy and Numeracy Teacher – Relief Pool
Website Centacare Employment and Training
Transform lives through education, training and employment
Life at Centacare Employment and Training
When you join Centacare, you become part of a team who are determined to support disadvantaged people in our community and ensure they have the means to thrive.
We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic Literacy and Numeracy Teachers and Digital Literacy Teachers to join our dedicated team across our sites in Gosnells, Cannington, Armadale, West Perth and Fremantle. We have both fixed term and casual roles available. Join a dynamic team of educators who positively impact our student’s journey towards building a better economic and social livelihood for themselves.
At Centacare we believe that education and training can help to break the cycle of adversity and create opportunities for a brighter future. We are a not-for-profit organisation with a vision “to transform lives through education, training and employment”. We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you are skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Centacare.
- Tertiary Degree in Adult Education;
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) including TAELLN411;
- Experience in delivering the Certificate in General Education for adults (CGEA);
- Experience in teaching both native English speakers and those with English as an additional language;
- Proficient Computer skills; and
- A current National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check.
- Demonstrated success working with Youth;
- Experience in using the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF).
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference;
- Not-for-profit salary packaging (if eligible), increasing your take home pay;
- Paid reporting and meeting hours;
- Free external, confidential counselling: and
- Discounts and benefits at thousands of retail outlets, department stores, attractions, travel, cinemas and restaurants through our salary packaging provider.
How to apply
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please apply below with a resume and a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria. If you require further information, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, we thank you in advance for your interest and for taking the time to apply for this position.
Centacare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages cultural diversity, gender equality and non-discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.