What is Avenues?
Avenues is an Alternative Education Program (AEP) that provides a safe learning space for youth in Years 10, 11 and 12 to re-engage with education. The program helps students to improve their life, literacy and numeracy skills as well as prepares them for pathways to employment, training or further study.
What can I learn?
Avenues can help you to:
- Explore pathways to work, training or further education
- Get your white card
- Prepare for the learner’s permit test
- Develop confidence with technology
- Write job applications, resumes and cover letters
- Practise good health and well-being
- Understand budgeting and money skills
The program is flexibly tailored to the individual needs and goals of each student.
Avenues is free for eligible participants. Students can start at any level and learn at their own pace.
Need more information?
For more information about Centacare’s Avenues programs, please contact us today.